Monday, June 18, 2012

Customer Service in Singapore

It is amazing...you tend to observe more human behavior when you are not rushing and are really in the present.

I am now sitting waiting for my watch battery to be replaced. I walked up to the counter since I am the first customer and her reply to me was "please press for a number and I am on the phone".

So the obedient me followed what the lady advised. I pressed for a queue number and sat down. Her colleague buzzed my number and I walked up to the counter again in an empty waiting room. Passed my watch to the lady and I over-heard the other customer service conversation - she was talking to her family.

I wonder how many employees realize their own actions and how it reflects on the company or organization that they work for. In this case, I feel as a customer I was not important and had to wait until I finished my conversation with my family before I would deal with you.

It is also not fair when employees complain their bonuses are reduced or when they are not adequately compensated because their actions do affect how customers view the businesses and how they can affect if customers decide to go to their competitor. In this case, I do not have a choice to go to another competitor as they are the main company that can change the battery for my watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment