Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 8 (Monday)

A week has passed. It sure feels like a long time and it seems like I have not achieved much over the past 1 week. My friends ask me now that I have more time on my hands and do not need to rush to work in the morning, do I seem like I can plan better or think better?


I find that this one week that has just passed was at times a drag and at times, time just flew by. I have been busy catching up with friends to set in motion a few things and at the same time, just catching up with my long overdue "to-do" list.


At the back of my mind, I am conscious of Seth Godin's thoughts about shipping (http://the99percent.com/tips/6249/Seth-Godin-The-Truth-About-Shipping). Can I make some excuse to myself that it has been only a week and there is still lots for me to catch up or should I just push myself to constantly ship with still many distractions around me that make me change my plans?


These days without having a physical office to go to and an email system to track my appointments and follow-up tasks, I have reverted back to a manual system of keeping track of my appointments and must-do task list for the day, the week and the months ahead. I noticed with these 2 key items, it has allowed me to continue to be sane and focused without just idling my time away. It might not be a bad idea to go manual for a while to allow me to minimise the distractions that technology brings to our days and gives me more time to conceptualise my thoughts and hopefully continue to ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment