Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 9 (Tuesday)

It is amazing the amount of advice, new ideas, and creative thoughts many people have out there. I was fortunate to spend some time with a friend last evening who was here in Singapore for a quick stop-over.


As we were sharing (or rather it was myself), what I was planning to do for myself going forward, he was able to share with me some very interesting creative thoughts and new ideas for me to chew on further and hopefully execute.


Reflecting back on yesterday's conversation, I believe if I was still working in my corporate job and was not in as a relaxed mood as I was, I would definitely would not have been as receptive as I was last night to the numerous creative thoughts and new ideas he shared with me. More importantly for me was the fact that everyone can have creative thoughts and new ideas but how many of us are able to take these creative thoughts and new ideas and start shipping on it and face the initial resistance that we all face whether in a corporate job or in one's own business.


I think it is much easier not to ship in a corporate world as one can hide behind the corporate politics and say it was not approved and as such, one cannot deliver on the creative thoughts and/or new ideas. When one is without a corporate job, there is really no excuse or no one whom can take the blame when one does not deliver or start shipping on thoughts and ideas.


I have learnt as part of my corporate stint, to stick to a schedule and to ensure tasks are completed. This is even more important when one does not have a corporate job to ensure one maintains self-confidence and believes that one can still succeed without a corporate job.

No comments:

Post a Comment