Saturday, May 26, 2012

Instant Gratifications

In this day and age, we expect everything that we do to have an immediate response. For example - when we diet for 2 days, we immediately want to see a drop in our weight or a friend to comment to say that we look as if we have lost weight or our clothes are not as tight. For me, I have been writing this blog for 2 weeks and I expected more people to be reading this blog because I had thought I am writing that people would enjoy knowing or would like to know (well, I know at least there is one person who is reading this blog daily - so a BIG thank you to you for being my one and only reader).


Gone are the days where it takes time for results to be seen like a diet or a blog to receive a following or for a friend to respond or just to spend time with friends. Maybe it is due to the fact that these days we send sms/whatsapp message and within a few minutes we receive a response from the other party or sending an email as opposed to sending a letter and waiting for the postman to deliver the letter. 


We are now living in the age of instant gratifications, so would it be possible for us to slow down and really live our life and the life journey or we must receive an immediate response for everything that we do in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment